Intellectual Property Protection Specialist
(nr ref. 2021.08.0001)
Location: Basel, Switzerland
This position requires a talented chemist with a thorough knowledge of Organic Chemistry and a genuine interest in Intellectual Property Protection. Experience in patent drafting and understanding of patent prosecution process is a plus.
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy or related discipline
- Strong organic chemistry background
- Understanding of the patent law and patent prosecution processes
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-managing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- English proficiency
- Experience in patent-related activities, preferably in drafting patent applications directed towards small molecule therapeutics will be a plus
Duties and responsibilities:
- Drafting patent applications with guidance from a patent attorney
- Performing and reporting prior art searches
- Building and executing patent strategies
- Monitoring competitor’s IP-related activities
- Supporting IP due diligence analysis
- Working closely with the external patent attorney and the team members
- Training and instructing the team members on aspects of IP protection
- Employment in a quickly growing biotechnological enterprise
- Stock option plan
- Private healthcare
- Subsidy to sport activity package
- External and internal trainings in hard and soft skills as well as participation in conferences
We retain the right to contact only selected candidates.
Please attach this clause to your CV:
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Captor Therapeutics Ltd. for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.
As you may be aware, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has gone into effect on May 25, 2018 Captor Therapeutics S.A. with its registered office in Wroclaw, are fully committed to the data protection principles of GDPR. You have a right to access your data, including obtaining a copy of it, rectifying your personal data, demanding of its removal, to impose a processing restrictions, file a protest against processing and transfer of this data (on which processing you have agreed) to another entity (personal data administrator). You also have a right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office of Personal Data Protection. Withdrawal of consent for your personal data included in the application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process does not affect the legality of the processing which was carried out on the basis of this consent before its withdrawal. We process your personal data to recruit for the position indicated in the announcement for a period of 3 months, and when you have agreed to participate in future recruitment process, for a period of 12 months. In addition, we may preserve your personal data for the purpose of determining, pursuing or defending against claims related to the recruitment process for a period of 24 months.