Principal Scientist - Preclinical Development
(nr ref. 2021.11.0003)
Location: Basel, Switzerland or Wroclaw, Poland
We are looking for an experienced preclinical development professional to create strategy, design, and oversee preclinical studies to progress our internal drug development programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Creating development plans and managing the activities for late lead optimization through development candidate selection, preclinical development, and IND-filing
- Designing adequate in vivo experiments and analyzing the obtained results, including DMPK data, efficacy, and safety
- Supporting the selection and assessment CROs to ensure proper quality, timeliness, and benefit-cost ratio
- Overseeing the research conducted by CROs and other third parties
- Problem-solving based on experience, using a network of expert consultants and/or review of relevant technical literature
- Participation in drafting pre-clinical and safety sections for required regulatory documents
- Supporting pre-submission meetings and negotiations with healthy agencies
- Close cooperation with cross-functional teams, across the company in a matrix team environment.
- Ph.D. degree in pharmacology, chemistry, biochemistry or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years of relevant industry experience supporting preclinical development of small molecules
- Proven track record in leading and managing the programs in the preclinical development stage, including preclinical animal models of disease
- Proven track record in designing studies to evaluate safety and efficacy of new drug candidate
- Exceptional project management skills
- Proven track record in small molecule preclinical development and progressing to clinics
- Experience in the field of oncology is preferred
- Proficiency in solving emerging matters and issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication competence
- Methodical and meticulous nature
- Ability to travel once a month to Wroclaw site in Poland
- Very good command of English
- Full-time employment in a quickly growing biotechnological enterprise
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock option plan
- Opportunities for a constant professional development
- External training, conferences, workshops
- Friendly work environment
Candidates are asked to submit their applications. We retain the right to contact only selected candidates.
Please attach this clause to both your CV and motivation letter:
I understand that by sending my application I will consent to the processing of personal data contained therein, including data other than contact or education; professional qualifications, and the course of previous employment.
Captor Therapeutics S.A. is the personal data controller. The data provided in the application are processed for the purposes of conducting the current recruitment process or future recruitment processes – if you have given such consent. The data may also be processed for the purpose of possible determination, investigation, or defense against claims. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to request access, rectification, deletion, or restriction of the processing. To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw it, which will not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out before the withdrawal of consent. Your data will be processed for the duration of the recruitment process and then stored for a period of 6 months from the date of completion of such recruitment process in which they were used. If you have given your consent to the use of your data in future recruitments, your data may be used until this consent is revoked, but not longer than for a period of 12 months from the date of receipt of the data. To the extent that the data is processed for the implementation of our legitimate interests, we will process it for the duration of the legitimate interest.